Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Discovery Continued

I look back to that time now and realise that I was confident of being on the right path but so insecure about my new passion. I spent a full year writing a novel and when I finished it, I went and did a writing for children's course. I consider it now to be ridiculous but at that time like I said, I was insecure about my abilities as an author or whether I had a right to even call myself an author. At that time I had been working in construction for 18 yrs, it was all I knew. Sadly it's now been 31yrs in construction.

Whoops I'm getting off the track, I don't regret doing the course it was great and the course was fronted by a terrific lady whose name was Paulette Gee. Paulette was wonderful, she was enthusiastic, supportive and she made the course enjoyable. Out of approximately 25 people who did the course, I was the only one that had completed a novel. I remember Paulette asking me what had I previously written and me telling her 'nothing, apart from the 4 pages of my life which I called the candle.' I promise I will post it on this blog.

Paulette was intrigued and asked if she could read some of it. Well back then and as today I always carried my work with me, just in case I manage to trap someone in a corner and could hold them there long enough to show them my latest work. She said she would like to read the first three chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment