Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Still discovering

I spent every spare moment I had over the next year writing my story, which by now had taken on a new name. "Johnny Marsh Supernatural Investigator." I did things I never thought I'd do, like research. At school I found study to be alien to me but with this new found passion I found a reason to do it and loved it, everything I read up on was inspiring me and filling me with new directions for my book to follow. So much so that before I'd even finished the first book another four novels had sprung up and were demanding to be written, I have completed a couple of them and I'm pleased with the results they are completely different to the first book. They are adult, very adult and were incredibly satisfying to write.

Before I finished the first book I knew that this is where my future lay, I look back now and see I was a man possessed, no wonder I scared my wife. I had never done anything like this before, she suddenly had a stranger in the house who's life was being consumed by the book monster. The man she knew so well had been replaced with someone completely different. He looked like me and spoke like me, but he wasn't acting like me. Neither my wife or myself realised that I was going through the biggest growing period of my life, discovering I was creative was really wonderful, I truly love this side of myself and have learned to nurture it and feed it with the things in life I never did before, like pampering myself, just simple things like burning scented candles while I wrote and spending a day alone with my thoughts. I found that I had a new appreciation for all things creative and artistic. After working on my own novel for a year, I started to appreciate just how hard some people work on their own projects, and how much of themselves they put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment